The Focus SCRIPT creates new bonds with Visual Arts & Film Schools as well as the short film professionals attending the Festival de Cannes.
The Focus SCRIPT :
- Spots innovative young talents and supports them in the first steps of their next short film.
- Offers a privileged space to students or recent graduates and helps them get targeted feedbacks on their scripts at an early stage of work thanks to dedicated mentors .
- Facilitates meetings with potential partners such as (co)producers or distributors thanks to one-to-one meetings & dedicated sessions helping them to enhance the production process of their upcoming short film.
The Focus Script works with the following European film schools : ECAM (Spain) ; FAMU (Czechia) ; KASK (Belgium) ; HEAD (Switzerland) ; La Fémis (France) ; Le Fresnoy (France)
One project per school is chosen. The project holders get access to the following benefits:
- Pitch Training workshop
- Individual script-consultancy with a dedicated expert
- Private keynote – short film industry overview & festival strategy
- One-to-one meetings with the attending decision-makers
MIDPOINT Institute – In the aim of supporting filmmakers with the script-development, one of the projects part of the Focus SCRIPT is picked to participate in MIDPOINT Shorts. The director & the producer benefit from a complete access to this program dedicated to short films in development
Talents and Short Film Market – With the wish of making the projects travel in various industry events, one of the projects part of the Focus SCRIPT is picked to participate in YOU ONLY PITCH TWICE. The director or the producer is invited during TSFM, in Torino, to present the project to an audience of key decision-makers through a pitch session.
This program is reserved to the Schools collaborating with the SFC | Rendez-vous Industry. Submissions are made possible upon invitation.