Submit a film to the SFC | Rendez-vous Industry
The SFC | Rendez-vous Industry is a forum dedicated to short film professionals. As a non-competitive section, its aim is to help creating bonds between the filmmakers and the industry. This year, it will take place from May 19th to 22nd.
Enhance the short film format & their makers
The Short Film Corner | Rendez-vous Industry is a Forum dedicated to short film professionals. During 4 days, its program is built around various key initiatives: Panels & Talks to get inspired by the many different visions of today’s Cinema. Workshops and professional meetings to facilitate discussions around co-production, distribution and the release of short films in the market with the decision-makers attending the Festival.
Promote free, emancipated & audacious short film projects
By boosting the projects completion, the Creative Programs present short films in post-production stage, and support short and first feature films in development.
Highlight creative up-and-coming producers
The New Producers Room initiates producers to the co-production opportunities available for short films through meetings and tailor-made sessions on dedicated topics, while enhancing their profiles through a live presentation in front of key industry decision-makers.
Stimulate the representation of films with a unique narrative & aesthetic vision
Upon all the films curated in the Market Catalogue, the SFC | Rendez-vous Industry sticks to its wish of gathering a worldwide representation of the short film production in accordance with the expectations of the key industry decision-makers.
Our curated Market Catalogue gathers films from:
- short film collections made by Institutions
- individual submissions
- Cannes’ selections:Competition, La Cinef, Semaine de la Critique and Directors’ Fortnight.
Submit a film to the SFC | Rendez-vous Industry will allow you to :
- Be registered in the Market Catalogue and the VideoLibrary to give visibility to your short film to the decision-makers present in Cannes. This Catalogue is available within the whole Festival de Cannes dates, in the VideoLibrary thanks to a privta, nominative and secured access, only available for SFC participants and short film industry professionals.
- Get two SFC | Rendez-vous Industry accreditations to participate in the numerous events of the program. For more info related to SFC | Rendez-vous Industry accreditations consult the dedicated FAQ.
- Organize a dedicated market showcase in a Marché du Film screening room. With a capacity between 34 and 53 seats, the rooms are located at the 3rd floor of the Palais des Festivals – pricing available on demand. This market screening is an option. Booked in the context of the SFC | Rendez-vous Industry and the Marché du Film, this market screening doesn’t imply any premiere status in festival and cannot be considered as a screening at the Festival de Cannes.
Registrations at the SFC | Rendez-vous Industry is reserved to short films with cinema artistic values. After viewing your film, we reserve the right to refuse a registration without having to justify our decision.
For your information, the viewing process of the films will start in February.
Conditions to register your film with the SFC | Rendez-vous Industry:
- Your film must have been produced after June 1st 2023
- Your film length must not exceed 35 min
- Your film must not have been broadcasted on Internet
- The film must not have been registered in the last past edition of the SFC | Rendez-vous Industry
- Films must be in original version with English subtitles or in English.
The registration fee for one short film is 55 €uros (VAT included). If several films are registered under the same account, the registration fee for the first registraion is 55€uros ; for the next films, the registration fee will be 3.60€ per minute of film.
Please note that the registration fee is non-refundable, whatever the result of your application.
If you are a distributor, an institution or a producer looking for registering several films, you may contact us at: email@example.com
Please note that the use of the palme or of any logotype linked to the Festival de Cannes is strictly forbidden. It is only reserved to the Festival organisation itself and to the films presented in the Official Selection. Any use of the institutional logos will result in the cancellation of the film’s registration at the SFC | Rendez-vous Industry.
Step by Step procedure
- Validate all the different steps of your online registration
- Confirm your online payment – registration fee: €55 (non-refundable)
- Upload your film on our secured server
- Check the video quality of your film
- You will receive a notification from the SFC | Rendez-vous Industry after viewing your film
- OPENING OF REGISTRATIONS: DECEMBER 13th 2023
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: MARCH 18th 2024
You will have to upload your film to the securised platform during the registration process. We are accepting almost any kind of source files. Please note that Apple ProRes encoding is not accepted.
Accepted file formats (endings) : .avi / .flv / .mov / .mp4 / .wmv
H264 (high bitrate if possible) minimum 2MBit/s and uncompressed (very large files!)
Resolution: PAL or NTSC (as well as SECAM) from 720x400px up to HD material of 1920x1080px
Audio 48kHz PCM (only uncompressed)
AAC (if possible > 160 kBit/s)
We only accept multiplexed files (ie. with audio, video and subtitles in one single file). Your film file shouldn’t be any heavier than 10 GB. You can upload a film with a resolution going up to 1920×1080 pixels (HD), as long as it doesn’t exceed 10 GB.
The subtitles have to be integrated (burned in) into the image.
Browser & Internet Connection
We recommend the use of Chrome or Firefox, but any browser should work. Caution: the heavier your file, the more you’ll need a very good Internet connection in order to be sure your film is uploaded properly and rapidly onto our server. If the upload doesn’t work, please try again with a lighter encoding of your film and/or a faster and more stable Internet connection.